Friday, August 17, 2012

Technology free...(Day 5)

Up at 8 again I really wanted to grab some rays at the beach but Evan wasn't feeling the sand. So I swam some laps in the hotel pool instead and soaked up the sun. We were packed, showered and on the road by 10:30. I must have worn him out. He slept almost the entire trip home. When he woke up finally, he thanked me again and asked if we could make this an annual trip. "I suppose" was my response but I'm sure he already knew that would happen. I learned a lot on my trip and I have a newfound respect for parents. He listened to me the entire time and didn't give me any problems but I noticed that when you have kids around, it's a constant. Like, there's no time to really be in your own thoughts. You're constantly concerned about their well being and your influence on them and making sure they have the tools they need to be an asset to society. Luckily, I think Evan has that sewn up. He's the perfect gentleman, mannerable, kind and friendly. But that took a village. I'm glad we took this trip. I leaned a lot about him, about me and about us. I'm looking forward to next year. 

No comments: