1. Is the person genuinely nice?
2. Do they compliment you?
3. Are they happy for you when you accomplish your goals?
4. Do they make you want to be a better person?
5. Do they encourage you?
6. Do they make you smile?
7. Do other people like being around them?
8. Do they share their dreams with you?
9. Are they open and honest?
10. Are they trying to get to their next level?
If you can answer yes to these questions then you surely have a person you can trust and believe in and hopefully someone you will develop a long lasting friendship with. I've often met people and "loved" them immediately. Their spirit just radiated love. I absolutely adore when that happens and those people end up making the most difference in my life. Always know this as well. Some people are here only for a season. You may meet the person that gets you to your next level but your next level may very well be their last level. Don't count it as a loss. Count it as God using people to get you where you need to be. Not everyone can follow you through every level of your success. Sometimes it's time to say "bye, bye". In the words of Joel Osteen sometimes you have to leave your safe zone and enter the faith zone." And sometimes that means leaving old friends behind.