Friday, August 17, 2012

Technology free...(Day 4) 

Up at 8, checked out by 9 we drove an hour and a half to Myrtle Beach. I surprised him by going to NASCAR speedpark. He had been saying he wanted to go. When we arrived however, the arcade trumped the cars all together. Lucky for me. I spent $20 on tokens vs. $29.99 per person to ride. We played every token....all 80 of them and had a great time. One thing I love about my nephew... He is so thoughtful and thankful. He kept thanking me the entire trip for bringing him and kept saying how much he loved me and hanging out with me. That made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Nothing like a greatful kid. Especially a teenager. After we left there we headed to the mall to buy a souvenir for my mom. Can't forget her! We went to Pandora and in a joint effort, picked out the perfect charm. We had lunch in the mall food court and headed to Books A Million to check out some books of course. As we were walking through the mall, Evan held my hand. I told him I'd better enjoy it because soon he'd be holding some little girl's hand at the mall. He blushed. After all that we headed to our hotel. We stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn at Coastal Grand. Once again great hotel and staff. Our room wasn't ready so the front desk guy upgraded us and switched our room to a suite so we didn't have to wait. Evan loved that and said he just wanted to stay in the room the rest of the day. So, I obliged. We watched a special on Bullying. He asked if I ever considered suicide so we discussed that along with other random questions he asked. We watched The Mentalist marathon, The Closer marathon, Happy Feet Two and Speed and ordered room service. A great way to spend our last day. 

No comments: