Thursday, August 16, 2012

Evan's Birthday

For those of you that don't know me or are new to my blog, I have a nephew that's like a son to me. His name is Evan. He's turning 13 on August 12. In honor of this event he asked me to take him on a trip...just the two of us to... the Bahamas. He's a great kid and doesn't ask for much so I agreed. Financially however that didn't pan out on such short notice so I opted for the beach instead. So we are going on a 4 day adventure to Wilmington. He's been saying for the past 3 weeks that he's excited which of course makes me excited. :)  Today we decided that to make the trip more of a bonding experience, it's going to be a technology free trip. No MacBooks, no iPods, no iPads and no i...Phones? OK WAIT! We need one for emergency purposes so he's bringing his but we are only turning it on to check in with our loved ones. Otherwise, it's me, the boy, books, the beach and fun. Let's see how this goes. 

No comments: