Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 5


.....basically sucked! Yeah I said it. It was one long "I want a cookie, or some pizza....I wonder what's happening on Facebook....man, I wish I had a cocktail.....I should just give up already" kinda day. I spent most of the day in bed....reading, thinking, praying and meditating. I knew that's the only way I would survive. I thought about how clear my mind would be after these 30 days. And in the middle, I watched documentaries about some pretty freaking awesome people as a reminder that greatness requires sacrifice. Mediocre is cool if that's your thing but I feel like God put me here to be more than just "ok". I want to be great. "Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life." ~John F Kennedy  So... I endured what seemed like mental torture and guess what?! Yeah, I survived. On to day 6. 

No comments: