Thursday, October 20, 2011

I woke up at 2:45 this morning to a dream that my kitchen was on fire. Well, my grandma's kitchen in the house she used to live in and one of my friends, Inkera was there helping me put it out. When I woke up I realized it wasnt a kitchen at all but instead was in fact every muscle in my booty from working out with my personal trainer. As I searched for some Aleve and BenGay, I laughed at the fact that I have a personal trainer along with several other things in my life. If someone had come to me with a list of the things I have done and said you are going to do blasé blah, I woulda been like...."yeah, whatever". Here are some off the top of my head: That I would stop eating pork (20 years ago I would have fought you over a slice of ham), that I would be a hairstylist (I don't even recall doing my barbie doll's hair), that I would be divorced with no kids (I always wanted lots of kids), that I would have owned 2 businesses by the time I was 40 (still seems surreal)and that I would enjoy going to the gym. (OK, wait, I'm still working on that last one).. but considering I went from 1 minute on the elliptical to 45, I think I have a promising future. ;) It's definitely not about the destination but about the journey and this has been an interesting travel. There were times when I had NO idea where I was going but I learned to follow my instincts and God and that has in fact made all the difference. My friend Chris posted as his Facebook status today: If your life flashed before you, would you love it. I can honestly say "hell yeah." Every moment has been a stepping stone to the next adventure.

No comments: