Sunday, October 23, 2011

For as long as I can remember I've been a "big" girl. I've never known what it's like to shop in the "regular size" section in a store. I just had to hope that I could find renditions of the hot fashions I saw in magazines somewhere in my size. As depressing as it was at times, the bright side is that I became an excellent shopper. I would get ideas in my mind of what I wanted my style to be and I would look nonstop until I found exactly what I wanted. It's called determination and can be used in all aspects of our life. I would constantly complain that it wasn't fair I had to go through all that just to look good. But as i got older I realized it was about more than size. I have since lost weight but, when I turned 40 I decided to turn it up and not just lose weight....but get fit. I have recently hired a personal trainer and I must say, it's been an interesting adventure. There are days when my body does things it couldn't do just a few days before and I have my own little personal celebrations. The key here is 1. I made a decision and 2. I acted upon that decision. What decision will you make today and act upon that could possibly change your life?

No comments: