Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How I lost 8 lbs in one week without exercising...

Well, 7 days later and my juice fast is over. The experience was great. I'm glad I did it. Did I get hungry at times? YES. What made me not give in? The awesomely amazing people that agreed to do the fast with me. Accountability is what keeps me focused. What does it for you? I learned a lot about my body during this fast. It just felt different. My stomach feels flatter. No upset stomach and I had more frequent trips to the bathroom. It just seems like it started functioning as a well oiled machine in just one week. I even lost 8 lbs in one week. As I stated in my previous blog, I don't usually weigh myself but I did for this challenge. I did have a headache the first 2 days, developed acne, had a runny nose and a small case of eczema on my hand which I thought was weird but upon research found that its actually normal. The body releases toxins first through the skin so you sometimes have breakouts, rashes, psoriasis and eczema during the detox period. And the body expels mucus as a way of detoxing also hence the runny nose. I can't lie, I was scared to eat my first meal. It felt strange to chew after 7 days. I opted for a soup and salad. I probably should have just had the soup. I got full quickly and felt a little nauseated. Your body has to readjust to eating again. I really enjoyed this experience so much that I'm going to continue to juice 1 to 2 meals a day. Next time I'll challenge myself to 14 days. If you're a beginner that loves food but wants to juice, I suggest you start out with a 3 day fast if you want to detox. I made up most of my recipes but there are SO many options online since everyone is jumping on the juicing bandwagon. I started out with a juicer but my juicer broke the second day of my fast so I blended most of my meals with a ninja that my mom gave me years ago. There is a difference between juicing and blending. Blended products have more texture. It's about preference. I also drank protein and superfood shakes that I mixed with almond milk. I did NOT do any weight loss shakes, shots or magic pills. I'm a healthy eater and a vegan (because YES there are unhealthy fat vegans...just to let you know, Oreos are vegan). What do I eat? Fruits and veggies....but that's a whole different blog. I hope this helps! Have an amazing day!!
OHHHHH....You can see some of my recipes on my IG account. @roc_star

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey T, Longtime no see. I see someone has been going in on the fitness and healthy eating. I just wanted to stop by and show my support. I'm so proud of you!! Keep up the great work and inspiring stories.

tinesha said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)

SJD said...

Hey Tinesha, it's Setarra! So proud and inspired by you. I have actually prompted some of my co-workers to start a juice cleanse and sent them to your blog as a point of reference. Keep up the amazing and inspiring work!!