Monday, September 3, 2012

Love and happiness....

Sometimes when you decide to give things up, it makes way for new things in your life. The past few weeks have truly shown me the power behind that statement. I gave up several things that I love so that I could gain clarity and insight in my life. I do a lot of things...and in the midst of doing all those things, I lose sight of what's really important. The simple things in life. A hug from my mama, a text message from my nephew or even a smile from a stranger. Life isn't difficult. However when we throw in all these unnecessary rules.....shoulda, coulda, woulda....it creates strife, tension and stress. The truth of the matter is that there is only one thing that matters and that's love. And while giving up the things that I love.....chocolate, cupcakes, tequila and Facebook, that's exactly what I found....LOVE. Or maybe it found me. Either way, even in my wildest imagination, it's more than I ever thought it would be. This dude is awesome. He is constantly asking me "what do you like most about me?" And every day the answer changes because he finds a new way to make me smile. I gambled, logged into match.com and I came up a winner. Yes, it's still new. He's constantly pinching me to make sure we're both real and I'm constantly looking for something about him that's going to get on my nerves later. So far, no dice. We've both agreed....the best part about our relationship is that it's easy. Nothing is forced. We just are who we are with each other and it works. We spent 8 hours on our first date and it's been a continuous date since then. I'm looking forward to all the adventures to come. 

No comments: