Sunday, September 16, 2012

I can't sleep....

I'm not gonna lie....sometimes I go back and read my blogs and think "who in the heck wrote this?" Mostly because I only write when the spirit speaks to me and most times I'm surprised by what it says. Spirit moves me into an almost out of body like experience and it's always a good time. (In my John W. Love voice) Anyone that's ever experienced this knows exactly what I mean and for those that never have, there's hope for you. In order to hear God's voice/spirit/the universe....whatever you choose to call it, you have to first clear the clutter. Whether it's physical clutter (unclean surroundings, the tv, the radio, video games, etc.) or mental clutter (the million and one thoughts running through your mind) you have to do some cleaning to prepare. It's like a woman nesting before the birth of a child. You have to get things ready. And by allowing some clarity in your mind, it allows space for the spirit to speak to you. This can be done through prayer, meditation or just pure silence. Once you can connect with your inner self without interruption, you create ultimate opportunities for God to speak to you. God normally speaks to me consistently at 2 times. 1. Normally between the hours of 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. (and my physical self doesn't really like that...lol) or 2. While I'm in the shower. So whenever I wake up around 3 a.m., I get very still...I listen or pray and normally I'll get a blog (it's currently 3:20 a.m. as I'm writing this) or I'll get a great idea related to business. Normally if God speaks to me in the shower it's concerning someone I need to reach out to or simply pray for. And I do...with due diligence because I know someone is always praying for me. I love taking showers for that very reason. It allows me to really clear my mind and connect with God. When I have issues, I'll take a shower with no time limits. I don't even mind having a high water bill; it's well worth  every penny to have that connection. So the next time you're awake at some ungodly hour and you can't figure out why....maybe it's because it's not so ungodly after all. Maybe if you're still enough, you can hear his voice and he will reveal his plan for you. #spreadlove 

No comments: