Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 1 of #great48

Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo. I celebrated by having pizza for lunch then headed to a vegan dinner party for more festivities. After coming off my juice fast a couple of weeks ago I was down to 193 lbs. First time being under 200 since I've been an adult. Well after a week of eating crap....by the time I weighed in with the trainer today I was at 201. :/ So counterproductive I know but I had to get it out of my system before this challenge started. Now as usual, I'm focused, I have a game plan and I'm ready. I'm excited about everyone that's decided to join the challenge with me as well. As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I'm doing juices and raw foods only. I plan to juice M-F and eat raw foods on Sat and Sun. If that doesn't work for me, I'll juice for the first 4 meals of the day and do raw food for the last meal. For most people getting the eating under control is the hard part....not for me. I'm the opposite. I can get my eating on point but the work out is hard for me. I always feel like I'm going to die!!! LOL. I realize it will slowly come together for me. I started with a new trainer today named Era. I was scared as hell. I haven't worked out in 13 weeks due to complications from a hysterectomy. I wasn't sure how my body would react. I learned quickly. I threw up in the middle of the session. LMAO! But I came right back and got to it. But after a few more minutes I felt like I was going to pass out. He kept telling me he was CPR certified but I think he could tell I was at my max. A small part of me was disappointed that I had to quit but I'm also smart enough to see the bigger picture. I'll get there. One day at a time. Thanks for coming along for the ride. If I can inspire just one person to create a lifestyle change, I've done what I set out to do. Happy Monday!
You can follow my progress on twitter or Instagram @roc_star or on FB: Tinesha Matthews





No comments: