Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Time is greater than money.


I'm working on my website so I'm trying to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to keep my viewers engaged. I decided to do some interview style videos so that people who don't know me and visit my site can get some insight about who I am and my message of Spread Love. I enlisted the help of my cousin, Freedom to shoot the video. I've actually been begging him for a year to do my documentary but he felt it would be a little overwhelming so I thought this would be a good way to get him to see it won't be that hard. (Like I know anything about videography and editing. lol) I asked my bestie, Kelley to come up with some random questions to ask me on camera so that I could have authentic reactions on film. She was supposed to interview me on camera but due to scheduling conflicts (yeah, she's a big deal) she wasn't able to do it. So I asked my brother, Christopher and he obliged. She emailed him the secret questions she came up with and it was a go. Let me just tell you.....this little project was AMAZING....hence this blog about it. My brother is an awesome interviewer. He not only asked the questions she prepared but he did his own follow up questions for my answers. I felt like we were not only creating magic, but bonding. He and my cousin were getting to know me on a deeper level and in the process I was learning about myself as well. Freedom and Christopher also bonded over lighting ideas, compared their cameras and discussed audio feeds so I learned a little about those things as well. One of the questions was time or money? My answer was definitely time because with more time doing what you love, the money will come. And this project was proof of just that. This time that we spent together as a family was invaluable. It's a memory that will last in all 3 of our minds forever....not to mention if we get together and do this full length documentary as planned....somebody is going to give us some money! :) So, here's the lesson, time is free. If you have nothing else to give, give time. Time creates memories and memories last forever. 

No comments: